Thursday, February 25, 2016

Who is Tamtam? Who am I? Who is he?

A number of people have asked me who is Tamtam? I think I need to share a little more on myself, my friend Tamtam (who is a horse) and a truly gifted horseman called Willy Sidorak.

Let's start with Tamtam. He is a bay gelding, 158cm tall and 8 years old. Here are a few photos of him when I collected him from his previous home.

As you can see from his papers (above) he is what the french call "ONC" - Origin Non Const - ie parentage unknown! If he was a cat he'd be a moggie! No one in their right mind would want to save him....which is where I come in!!

I am Kerry Turner. I am passionate about horses and learning. You can find out more about me via my electronic cv at http://www.kerrylturner.blogspot.fr/.
I am an equestrian author and journalist. You can find out more about my book "Riding Dynamics" at http://www.ridingdynamics.blogspot.fr/.

Several years ago I met Willy Sidorak. Willy cuts a controversial figure in the horse world with his uncompromising approach to sports horse development. No-one can question his knowledge of horses or the quality of horses he produces both physically and mentally. You can read more about Willy at http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/sur-la-mare-france-on-horseback-436603.html

The objective of our project is to capture and share Willy's knowledge of how to keep horses (and people) on top form. The idea is that we take a broken horse and a broken man (who has never ridden) and try to fix them both and create a trusting relationship between them. We will use our story to share Willy's methods for healing horses...but in reality it is the people who have to change.The ultimate test is whether the pair of them are able to complete a 7 day randonnee in June through Richard the Lionheart country in France. My first Lionheart Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment