Wednesday, March 2, 2016

1 March Happy Birthday Willy and Kerry!!

1 March

The day started with another visit to Josephine's. Josephine was at school so we worked and rode Argenta on the flat. Then we went to Jean's, where Elouise and Beatrice had a lesson. It went very well. Elouise jumped a nice flowing course with a good rhythm.Bonne travaille.

Back at Le Frelut, I rode a big chestnut mare alone in the manege and then took her for a short walk. I returned to the manege and then Willy brought in another bay mare. All hell broke loose when Willy swapped me onto the bay and asked F to leave with the chestnut!! As with all things with Willy it was a test. Would the chestnut mare leave? How would the bay mare react when the chestnut mare left?

The chestnut (the older) had no issues with leaving. However, the bay mare would not accept that the other horse had left.... To say that she shook her head around and was generally very disagreeable was an understatement. In the end I got off and it took Willy a lot of time to settle her down. Then I got back on. Even then she was not accepting the hand! But we finished with her calm. Not my cup of tea at all!

Luckily there was a nice cup of tea and birthday cakes to follow! We went back to Willy's and ate cake and drank tea and discussed the meaning of everything. I opened my presents: riding gloves and socks for me. Tendon boots, a thermal top and Barbara Schulte's book for Willy. Happy days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment