Tuesday, March 15, 2016

12 March Two Stallions

12 March

This morning I rode two stallions in the manege: First of all the big 178cm chestnut stallion "Romano" and then a smaller 168cm(!!) chestnut stallion "Bioterma". Romano is a complete gentleman. If he was a car he would be a Rolls Royce. Powerful but so smooth. Bioterma is quicker and less comfortable especially his canter. I really enjoyed riding the pair of them. Willy had to shout at me to keep the contact in the downward transitions....I know that is a fault of mine with Eric too.I will have to work on it!! How lucky am I to have the chance to ride such super horses.

Afterwards I worked Eric in the manege loose and then did a very short hack. Eric is easily doing 15 or 20 circuits of the manege in canter on each rein.

Tamtam was also loose schooled....but then afterwards refused to be caught....I had to bluff catching him (he let me on his terms). Willy found that TT was sore in the same area as Argenta was yesterday. He did some osteopathy on him. Where do we go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment