Thursday, March 24, 2016

22 March A lesson in not being there

22 March

This morning Willly rode Tamtam for the first time. I wasn't there. I was gutted. It is a landmark in the process and I missed it. Instead I heard about it afterwards.

Willy told me that he had taken Tamtam to the manege and put the treeless saddle on him (the same one we had put on him before in the washbox when he reared and fell).When he secured the girth Tamtam had reared. When Willy let him go he had bucked and bucked in his effort to get rid if the saddle. After he had settled and accepted the breaking saddle, Willy took him back to the wash box. There he changed the saddle for his normal cobra saddle and his bridle with the leather pelham. He then took him for a short hack in walk for one hour.

I was not there so I don't know any more than what I have been told and how that plays out in my imagination. I think Willy may have excluded me so that I understand why he is always there for Josephine. He travels one hour each way to watch her ride Argenta....that way he can see and feel everything. Now I understand why!

I asked Willy why he is riding Tamtam before he is treated. He explained that it is just light work to understand his behaviour issues. The previous owner had told me that Tamtam couldn't be taken out alone. Well he has been! We will continue to work on Tamtam's attitude to work this week before treating him with Willy's muscle oil next week.

I am sorry to report that after going absolutely crazy in the manege Eric is hopping lame on his right fore leg again. I can't help thinking that it may be related to the nasty cut he got there when he got cast when he first arrived. More box rest for him.

In the afternoon we went to see Argenta at Jeans. It is the first time at Jean's in some time as he has been away on holiday. I felt privileged to see some beautiful graceful riding in a good rhythm and balance through some difficult combinations. Jean concluded that Josephine is ready for her first competition. As a trial she will complete a practice round at another venue on Saturday afternoon.Her first competition will be on 17 April we hope. Jean asked where Antoine was!

1 comment:

  1. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Eventing Horses Allemagne

    ReplyDelete