Thursday, March 17, 2016

17 March A drive out in the countryside

17 March

This morning I spent a quiet time catching up with cleaning and things at the gite. About time!! I also spent some time starting thinking about the book. I have lots of information now so better get started!!

In the afternoon I gave my two boys a brush. Both seemed to enjoy the attention. Eric not so sensitive when I touched him where he was sore yesterday. And Tamtam not running away!

I spent a quiet time with my mentor, Willy. We took Antonio out in the caleche for a 2 hour balade. The sun was shining and everything was perfect in the world. Antonio was "extra" special. He is a 9 year old New Forest pony stallion...jet black with a blaze and 4 white socks and boy can he go!

I asked Willy about how he built him up to his level of fitness.He said little by little. This pony can trot at medium trot on the road forever......but that is because he is very very fit. A horse like my Eric that has been wrapped in cotton wool can't do that. Why have I done that to Eric I found myself musing as we drove along........
.................The answer is interesting. In short I'm afraid of breaking things.....so I always hold back.

Willy told me that with horses (as with all things in life) he is 100%. He never stops saying "Willy pas moyenne". He pushes for the extra all the time...with horses and with people. He is not afraid to push the limit. He knows just about where the limit is and if he gets it slightly wrong he is confident he can make it better again. I have a lot to learn. I do this in so many aspects of my life....holding back because I'm afraid of loss.

Afterwards we loose schooled Casper and Romano in the manege. I can assure you there was nothing moyenne about it at all.



1 comment:

  1. Now you are getting to the point which is of interest!!!

    WHAT... WHY....HOW....

    In my opinion is this the way to go on with your book and blog

    Go into "the deep" and make a difference...."break" with nice and easy talking.
    Than it starts getting attention

    Regular talk about regular things is like regular faillures in regular "human/horse relations"

    I think you just started your journey now. And not early February

    Regards

    ReplyDelete