Wednesday, March 2, 2016

29 February Just 4 hours left for us women to propose!!

29 February

Good evening

This afternoon I rode 4 horses in the manege. First of all the horse Willy calls "The Galloper", a big rangy dark bay thoroughbred gelding, a bright bay warmblood gelding by Argentinus, Aromeo (Bolero), a dark bay gelding and Hermanus, Willy's model stallion. The 3 geldings form part of a consignment of 7 horses that Willy has sold to a client in Germany. Willy has high hopes for the stallion in CSO.

Let me talk about each in turn.

I love "The Galloper". I liked him from the first moment I saw him. Couldn't tell you why! Now I can tell you that he is very comfortable to ride and has easy paces which really cover the ground. Willy likes to use thoroughbred blood in his breeding programme because of this. His future career will be in eventing in Germany. .

Whilst being impressive to look at the Bay did not do it for me when ridden. He is not truly forwards, constantly holding back. In England we would say that he is not a generous horse. Not going forwards means discomfort for the rider and an inharmonious picture for the spectator.

Aromeo is very funny and full of life. He is like a pony in a horse body. He is forwards but with a very fast rhythm. All in all what we would call a cheeky chappy.

Hermanus is interesting. He is very fluid but surprisingly not as comfortable as the Galloper. Jean said it is because he has a lot of bascule in his canter. He is very very sharp and reacted to slightest movement of my leg. Good for me to ride to ensure I practice keeping my leg still...one of my faults!

Finally we worked Eric loose in the manege or rather Eric worked himself. Bless him. He is feeling a little left out. When the 7 horses have departed next week we will be able to do some more things together.

And for your information I didn't propose to any of the young boys! Of course I am already wedded to my Eric xx

No comments:

Post a Comment